Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Powell Cay

Finally we have left Green Turtle Cay. It was again a very nice place to spend a couple of days. Our next stop was just about 6 nautical miles away. Powell Cay is again a beautiful place with beautiful beaches, clear water and other cruisers found the snorkeling fantastic. The places for snorkeling are usually on the Atlantic side of the islands. The seas are still rough, so snorkeling is off the list. Even without submerging your head, you can find beautiful saline right off the beach.


But hey, I got a fishing rod and bought a Cuban line to fish. What a shame, for more than 3 weeks, I did not catch one single fish! Ok, I'm not the most experienced fisherman... The last time, I tried my luck, was in Alaska - and that was in 1991! So I had to try harder.

And there we go!


I caught the first fish in the Bahamas - a Mackerel. Let's see, if we can catch more and make it a meal. Mid afternoon, Bob joined me and we went trawling the lines from our dinghy. We had several hits, I lost two other Mackerels an finally Bob could reel another one in. By the end of the day, we had two Mackerels, which we cleaned and prepared immediately. The fresh fish made a very good afternoon snack.

Fish and - chips? ;-)




No comments:

Post a Comment