Monday, March 28, 2016

Treasure Cay

We still enjoy the fantastic beach, thepool and the infrastructure here at Treasure Cay. The advantage to live on a boat pays off by far! The cost for a mooringball is $20.- per day and boat. This includes all the facilities at the marina, ghe beach and free WiFi. The internet access is not garantied tough. Every now and then, the connection gets lost. But this is not a real concern.


The Treasure Cay beach

Yesterday, the crews of Windsong II and Tranquilizer teamed up to prepare a nice dinner to celebrate Eastern. After a tropical drink and a variety of apetizers, we had a salad, pork loin from the BBQ, risotto, and wine, followed by a pineapple cake frome the lokal bakery- yummi! We had a fantastic evening with good friends. In addition, Bob handed me over one of it's fishing rods as a present! Many thanks to Bob again! When thinking about it, I think it is how he expressed his compassion for my inability to catch a fish with the Cuban fishing reel I've purchased some days ago. Of course I'm under heavy pressure now, to catch some fish quickly, and invite him for a fish meal. Well, that could also end up in an invitation to fish restaurant - let's see how quick I can develop my skills. All I know is, that the learning curve must be verry steep!!!

Today started with rewiring the solar controller. When I've installed the system, I did not go through the shunt with the negative cable. So the battery monitor did not ount for the amps, charged by the solar system. Afte about an hour, ghe system was back up again. Time to get ready for the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment