Saturday, April 19, 2014

Still at the dock!

Upon the arrival at the marine, the boat was in the water and looked just fine. I thought I only need to do some quick fixes, and we would be ready to sail on. Now I know how wrong I was! The issue with the alternator turned in to a nightmare ( you can read more about it on the project page). And as always, there were more issues coming up! I had to deal with a Dinghy loosing it's bottom, a generator spitting water high in the air, a seized anchor windlass and many more.

Although fixing all the issues can be very frustrating, I always enjoyed to work on the boat. I like to work on technical stuff because it is so different to what I do on my job. Nevertheless the Admiral was sometimes not so pleased. So we had to find the balance between working on the boat and enjoying our holidays by spending time on the beach and other leisure activities.

The weather was far from being perfect. It rained much more often than expected and we had higher winds of 25 kts for almost every day. So not really the perfect conditions for a relaxing introductional cruise on a sailboat.

No comments:

Post a Comment